Activity: Read a book as a family to teach your child about reflexes and play a game to test out one of your reflexes.
- Your Stork
- Weeks 13-14 Baby Development Update Card
- Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, and Yawn
- Reflex hammer (optional)
- Organize the delivery at the front door with all of the supplies above
- Lead your child to discover the delivery
- Read the “Weeks 13-14 Baby Development Update Card” as a family
- Read “Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, and Yawn” as a family
- Talk about how the baby is hiccuping and yawning in Mommy’s tummy!
- Mommy or Daddy sit in a chair and cross your legs so that one leg is swinging freely
- Let your little one use a reflex hammer (or the side of their hand) to tap your leg lightly just below the knee (leg should kick out if it in the right place)
- Explain that reflexes are actions that your body does without even having to think about doing them and are meant to protect you from harm.
- Explain that the baby’s reflexes are starting to form to protect them when they arrive!
Suggested Products: Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, & Yawn (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2). Budding young scientists will be amazed as Melvin Berger and Paul Meisel reveal the mysteries behind the reflexes that happen in our bodies every day and offer fun-filled experiments to try on family and friends.
Best Pedia Pals Giraffe Reflex Hammer. Customized Percussion Hammer in the shape of a giraffe. Makes for a perfect setting to help keep kids relaxed in an oftentimes stressful environment! Doctor's Choice, Kid's Preference.
***This page may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.***