Activity: Talk as a family about the plan for when the baby arrives and pack all the hospital bags. Consider letting the stork deliver the news of a special activity that your child gets to do the day the baby is born with their Grandparents, Aunt/Uncle, or a close family friend. Also, consider having the stork deliver a special toy to play with at the hospital.
- Your Stork
- Weeks 35-36 Baby Development Update Card
- Special Activity Ticket(s) (optional)
- Special Hospital Toy (optional)
- See suggested toys below
- Organize the delivery at the front door with all of the supplies above
- Lead your child to discover the delivery
- Read the “Weeks 35-36 Baby Development Update Card” as a family
- Talk about the plans for the day the baby arrives
- Consider presenting your toddler with a “Special Activity Ticket” that explains a special “big kid” activity that they get to do with their Grandparents, Aunt/Uncle, or a close family friend on the day the baby comes
- Pack the hospital bags together
- Show your child the toy their stork brought them to play with at the hospital, or let them pick out a couple current toys that they want to include in their hospital bag!