Activity: Read a book as a family to teach your child about reflexes and play a game to test out one of your reflexes.
- Your Stork
- Weeks 13-14 Baby Development Update Card
- Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, and Yawn
- Reflex hammer (optional)
- Organize the delivery at the front door with all of the supplies above
- Lead your child to discover the delivery
- Read the “Weeks 13-14 Baby Development Update Card” as a family
- Read “Why I Sneeze, Shiver, Hiccup, and Yawn” as a family
- Talk about how the baby is hiccuping and yawning in Mommy’s tummy!
- Mommy or Daddy sit in a chair and cross your legs so that one leg is swinging freely
- Let your little one use a reflex hammer (or the side of their hand) to tap your leg lightly just below the knee (leg should kick out if it in the right place)
- Explain that reflexes are actions that your body does without even having to think about doing them and are meant to protect you from harm.
- Explain that the baby’s reflexes are starting to form to protect them when they arrive!
**This page may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.**